It's All About Information Sharing

Friday 8 January 2016

Mixed Reactions Trail MTN's Free Credit Offer to Nigerians


 



From the experience an MTN subscriber shared on popular public forum, Nairaland, and the reactions that followed, Nigerians aren't too happy with MTN for a free credit offer for which one'll reportedly have to pass through a lot of trouble to get. 


The offer works this way: one dials a code (*559*40#) and gets thousands of call credit for free. 

"To my amazement, I immediately received a confirmation text that I have been given a bonus of #5,000 credit. I was so so happy," Smooyis wrote. 

"Early this morning, another text came that I should go to any of their service centres to complete my biometrics without which I would not be able to access my free credit."

'You have been compensated with N5000 valid for 7 days. To activate, please visit any MTN Registration outlet to update your biometrics. Dial *559*40# to check'

However updating biometrics proved to be better imagined than experienced.

"At the ikotun service centre, the situation was very chaotic as I met many customers who had received same message from mtn trying to get entrance into the office without success. Many aged people, nursing mothers were in the sun unattended to for several hours."

Insulted, the user ended his/her experience with the statement.

"What is MTN really taking us for in this country. Must we go through all these suffering to get our sims registered. Do they subject their own people back in south Africa to such inhumane treatment."

Others users chimed in soon. 

"I, simply ignored the text message. I was given 10k" Ammyluv2012 said.

"Can we say this is official 419 of the Nigerian people"- Smooyis







0 comments:

Post a Comment